Microbial contamination has become an issue worldwide for commercial and military aircraft due to moisture in the fuel tank.
We know this all too well. For over 30 years, as part of Goodrich Aerospace, then Aeroflex, and now VIAVI we have supported system testing of over 200 aircraft platforms, from the Airbus A300 to the V-22 Osprey. Now, using our latest PSD90-3 FQIS test set, users can also test and monitor probe contamination.
When combined with an aircraft-specific interface, the PSD90-3 allows the user to test, troubleshoot and isolate fuel system issues, calibrate fuel quantity indicators, and detect contaminated fuel probes. The PSD90-3 features:
- Measurement of capacitance, DC voltage, insulation resistance, and Distance to Fault (DTF)
- Simulation of capacitance for indicator testing
- Automatic contaminated fuel probe detection while performing normal capacitance tests
- Manual troubleshooting of contaminated fuel probes using the CHECK PROBE function
- Low Voltage/Low Current Mode allows isolation of intermittent or corroded connections Megger and capacitance manual ranging modes assist in finding intermittent faults
- REV DC (DC+) Mode measures capacitance from the DC+ side of the tank unit for complete testing of DC capacitive fuel systems
- Compatible with existing aircraft fuel quantity system interfaces
Use the PSD90-3 to regularly test for contaminated fuel probes and save on maintenance costs and isolate single probes for replacement before they become problematic.